Today, at the release of iPhone 13 lineup, Apple confirmed that the anticipated iOS 15 will be released to the public on 21st September 2021.
iOS 15 bring a renewed focus on privacy controls, spatial audio, refreshed message capability, focus mode, maps, Safari, Wallet and many more features.
Focus on privacy
This release of iOS will see a greater focus on privacy than we’d expected:
- Mail Privacy Protection: prevent third parties from tracking you opening emails in the Mail app
- App Privacy Report: see how often each app has used permissions such as camera or microphone
- On-Device Speech Recognition: audio is process on your device by default, making it more secure
- Enhanced Internet Privacy with Cloud+: Private Relay allows users to protect their traffic like a VPN
- Hide My Email: Users can now hide their email address within the Mail app, for greater protection
- HomeKit Secure Video: end-to-end encryption and storage for home security video footage
- Share current location: allow sharing of a location just once, to prevent ongoing tracking
- Secure paste: paste from other applications with alerts only when the clipboard is accessed without their knowledge