Privacy protections in upcoming iOS 15
Today, at the release of iPhone 13 lineup, Apple confirmed that the anticipated iOS 15 will be released to the public on 21st September 2021.
iOS 15 bring a renewed focus on privacy controls, spatial audio, refreshed message capability, focus mode, maps, Safari, Wallet and many more features.
Focus on privacy
This release of iOS will see a greater focus on privacy than we’d expected:
- Mail Privacy Protection: prevent third parties from tracking you opening emails in the Mail app
- App Privacy Report: see how often each app has used permissions such as camera or microphone
- On-Device Speech Recognition: audio is process on your device by default, making it more secure
- Enhanced Internet Privacy with Cloud+: Private Relay allows users to protect their traffic like a VPN
- Hide My Email: Users can now hide their email address within the Mail app, for greater protection
- HomeKit Secure Video: end-to-end encryption and storage for home security video footage
- Share current location: allow sharing of a location just once, to prevent ongoing tracking
- Secure paste: paste from other applications with alerts only when the clipboard is accessed without their knowledge