Anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 15 or a Mac using macOS Monterey can create a link to a FaceTime call that others can join from the web.
In this tutorial, we’ll focus on how to schedule a FaceTime meeting – an alternative to Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
In the FaceTime app , you can have up to 32 participants in a Group FaceTime call in most cases.
Each person appears in a tile on the screen. When someone speaks or you tap the tile, that tile becomes bigger on the screen. Tiles that can’t fit will show in the rows at the bottom of the screen.
1. First you need to turn on FaceTime (it’s not always automatically installed and activated).
Open the Settings app. Tap FaceTime, then tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime. Sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Open your Calendar and create a new event using the [ + ] button.
3. Add your event details, then choose Location or Video Call.
4. Under Location details, choose Video Call – FaceTime option.
5. Next, save the event by tapping Add.
6. You’ll now see a Join button on the calendar invite, as well as as Share button.
7. From the Share Sheet, you can either send the link to a friend, or you can copy it.
8. When someone joins your FaceTime link, an alert will appear Someone requested to join.
9. Open the FaceTime call, and Join as yourself first (you’re the host).
10. Then, once you’ve joined the call, you can see a list of attendees.
11. You can either Allow or Decline any requests to join your FaceTime call.
1.If you get a link from someone to a FaceTime call, open the link in your browser.
Both Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are supported.
2. Enter your name, then press Continue.
You might need to allow FaceTime permission to use your microphone and camera.
3. Select Join. Then wait for the host to let you in.
4. At the end, press Leave to leave the call.