Managed hosting is a great way to ensure your website is running smoothly and efficiently.
Managed Hosting: A Guide
Managed hosting is a great way to ensure your website is running smoothly and efficiently. It takes the hassle out of managing your own server, and allows you to focus on the content and design of your website. In this guide, we’ll cover the basics of managed hosting, how to get started, best practices, and some examples of successful managed hosting.
The first step in getting started with managed hosting is to choose a hosting provider. There are many different hosting providers available, so it’s important to do your research and find one that meets your needs. Look for a provider that offers reliable uptime, good customer service, and a range of features and services. Once you’ve chosen a provider, you’ll need to sign up for an account and configure your server.
Once you’ve signed up for an account and configured your server, you’ll need to install the necessary software. This will vary depending on the type of website you’re running, but typically includes a web server, a database, and a scripting language. Once the software is installed, you’ll need to configure it to meet your needs. This includes setting up security measures, such as firewalls and SSL certificates, and configuring the server to serve your website.
- Keep your server up to date with the latest security patches and software updates.
- Monitor your server for any suspicious activity.
- Back up your data regularly.
- Optimise your website for SEO keywords.
- Ensure your website is secure with SSL certificates and other security measures.
Managed hosting is used by many different types of websites, from small personal blogs to large corporate websites. Here are some examples of successful managed hosting:
- Amazon Web Services: Amazon’s managed hosting service is used by many large companies, including Netflix, Airbnb, and Dropbox.
- Google Cloud Platform: Google’s managed hosting service is used by many large companies, including Spotify, Uber, and Slack.
- Microsoft Azure: Microsoft’s managed hosting service is used by many large companies, including Adobe, HP, and Oracle.
Popular website hosting services
- Duda — Build and sell high-converting websites at scale with the Duda Professional Website Builder. Start your free trial today.
- Squarespace — Squarespace is a website building platform that allows users to create beautiful, professional websites without any coding knowledge.
- GoDaddy Website Builder — GoDaddy Website Builder is a powerful and easy-to-use website building platform that allows users to create a professional website in minutes.
- WordPress.com — Create a free website or build a blog with ease on WordPress.com. Dozens of free, customizable, mobile-ready designs and themes. Free hosting and support.
- Jimdo — Try Jimdo, the all-in-one small business solution. Websites, online stores, bookings, logos, SEO, analytics, domains, and hosting.
- Webnode — Easily build your website with Webnode online editor. Domain names and hosting are included.
- Wix.com — Create a website with Wix’s robust website builder. With 900+ strategically designed templates and advanced SEO and marketing tools, build your brand online today.
- 10Web — Explore 10Web’s Automated Website Builder, Hosting, and PageSpeed Booster that automatically speeds up your websites and improves the Core Web Vitals.
- HostGator — Shared hosting from HostGator gets your website off the ground quickly and affordably. Get your business online with shared hosting now!
- Bluehost —
Bluehost is a leading web hosting provider, offering reliable, secure hosting for businesses of all sizes. With 24/7 support, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and free domain and site builders, Bluehost is the perfect choice for your website.
- SiteGround — SiteGround offers reliable web hosting services with features like free SSL, daily backups, and 24/7 support. Get fast, secure hosting for your website with 99.9% uptime and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- DreamHost — 20 years & 1.5 million websites later — DreamHost is the proven web host. Starting @ $2.59/mo we have a web hosting plan for everyone.
- Webs.com —
Webs.com is a website builder that makes it easy to create a professional website. With drag-and-drop tools, customizable templates, and powerful features, you can create a website in minutes and start growing your business online.
- Hostinger —
Hostinger is a web hosting provider offering reliable, secure, and affordable hosting solutions. They provide a range of services, including shared hosting, VPS, and cloud hosting, with 24/7 customer support. Get your website online today with Hostinger!
- Namecheap — Register domain names at Namecheap. Buy cheap domain names and enjoy 24/7 support. With over 16 million domains under management, you know you’re in good hands.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) — Amazon Web Services offers reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing services. Free to join, pay only for what you use.
- PHP — PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world.
- Rackspace Email Hosting — Rackspace Email Hosting provides secure, reliable, and cost-effective email solutions for businesses of all sizes. Get 24/7 support, 99.9% uptime, and advanced security features like encryption and two-factor authentication.